Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cancer answer to person new to Primal Diet

A gentleman in the Netherlands wrote to Aajonus:
"I've recently bought your latest book and I am pretty happy with that investment.
I've been researching diets for many years now and of course a lot of contradicting facts will emerge then, usually I can distill the truth by myself but this time I was hoping you could perhaps elaborate on one of those widespread contradictions. Namely the famous "Gerson diet/therapy". I was hoping you could elaborate on that subject a little and free me of my confusion.. Or why they might both be successful? ... I hope this won't just clear up my confusion but can help everyone else in need who has concern about this.
Thank you very much for your work and time, all the best, P.C.
"

In my book The Recipe For Living Without Disease, I discuss therapies and their effectiveness, how to distinguish between independent disease-reversals attributed to therapies rather than cyclic phase of the body and therapies that truly help bodies reverse disease.
healthfully,
aajonus

As I was not sure how rapidly Aajonus would be able to respond, I asked my wife Barbara if she had anything to say to this gentleman. Here is what she said:
As fate would have it, I myself am a cancer patient (diagnosed over three years ago with advanced spinal cancer after MRI), and so I have done much research on different alternative cancer therapies, including having read the whole Max Gerson book on the subject. That is no small feat for a layman like myself to read the erudite writings of a German scientist.

It is true that most alternative therapies have their record of successes. I myself chose the Primal Diet. I saw Aajonus Vonderplanitz, who gave me a tailored diet that is based on the basic Primal Diet, which is the subject of both his books: We Want To Live, and The Recipe For Living Without Disease.

To say that I am a nutritional miracle of the Primal Diet, would be an understatement. Dr. Vonderplanitz did also recommend some additional herbs etc., since my type of cancer is very aggressive, and is considered fatal by the medical community. Especially since the cancer was everywhere on the spine and was very far-gone by the time I started the Primal Diet. (I was told by my oncologist that there is no cure for this, and chemo wouldn't cure me, but just "manage my symptoms" to which I replied, 'no thanks'. So I have had no medical therapy at all, not even a biopsy.)

It is the case that Gerson did recommend the juice of raw liver in addition to his mostly fruits/veggies/grains diet, though I believe that he withdrew that recommendation, after discovering the toxic condition of the livers of most animals. He also recommended a Lugol solution, which if memory serves me, is either iron or iodine.

For me, having raw meats, fish and chicken (and oysters and scallops) and also raw liver, does supply me with a good quantity of the vitamins, minerals and enzymes available with these meats. In addition, I find the raw milk and other raw fats to be very nourishing and calming.

Please note that I am not a nutritionist, and so I can only relay my own experiences. I am not qualified to give any other information or advice of any kind. So I hope that answers at least some of your questions. For other questions, please see the two books of Dr. Vonderplanitz, and look in the index for his ideas about cancer, and how to handle that disease.

Sincerely, Barbara Ellingson

Note from webmaster: Aajonus' book We Want To Live: the Primal Diet contains several pages about cancer.

No comments: