Tuesday, March 3, 2009

There is a 'slow food movement'

Hi everyone,

I thought this online article below could interest you foodie goodies. I had been wondering what President Obama's perspective on good food is and below is a bit of insight. I wonder if the fight for raw milk will get easier in the long run with this new administration? Any thoughts?
Apparently Obama has some understanding of the value of good food. With the economic downturn, I have been reading that more and more people are turning to vegetable gardening and growing as much of their own food as possible (btw, where could I find the best heritage seeds for cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, herbs, etc?).
The author predicts that the advocacy for good food will also increase since processing food not only ruins food but also uses too much fuel and is one of the contributors of climate change.
Contributed by Maria M. in Washington, D.C.

No comments: