Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Using a Primal Diet recipe to handle a severe ear infection:

I recently had an ear infection that really knocked me for a loop. It was screaming pain for real. Since I was already recovering from advanced spinal cancer by use of the Primal Diet, I wanted to see if that diet could provide me with a remedy for this new ear infection. My temperature at the time was 100.5 degrees, which to me was certainly a fever, since my temperature is normally a degree or more below the usual 98.6. I was having chills--another indicator of fever. The ear itself was so inflamed and plugged up, I could not put anything in it, nor would it drain.

Before doing the Primal Diet, I would have gone to the hospital emergency room and begged for morphine and antibiotics, but I wanted to avoid the impulse to go in that direction. Since Aajonus Vonderplanitz was giving one of his out of town workshops, my only option was to call the person hosting that workshop, and have her relay messages between us. I had already tried the remedies in the book We Want To Live, hoping that the garlic with oil treatment I had initiated before the ear because too inflamed, would start to take effect. But now we were going in to the 2nd day with no sleep in between, and I was getting desperate. The message from Aajonus came to me with a recipe included:
5 tablespoons of fresh-squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
4 tablespoons of fresh raw coconut cream (the unheated juice of the coconut meat with nothing added or subtracted)
2 tablespoons of raw cream
5 tablespoons of raw unheated honey.
I was to mix these with 2-3 oz. of sparkling mineral water, and sip over a 30 minute period, once a day. The instructions were then to lie on that ear resting on a hot water bottle (not an electric heating pad) with a towel in between the hot water bottle and my ear. I explained to the lady as gently as possible--you have got to be kidding! I can't even touch the hair on my head near that ear without screaming pain, and you expect me to lie on that ear over a hot water bottle? But I at least made the mixture and sipped it as directed.

Within 4 hours, the pain had reduced markedly. It didn't take a thermometer to tell me that the fever had broken. Within 8 hours from the start I was able to lie on that hot water bottle. The pain was gone completely, except some mild ache with direct contact. By that point I was able to carry on and live life as usual. Within another day or two, the inflammation reduced to the point that the ear would drain. A few days later, that was the end of that story!

For the cost of a phone consultation with Aajonus and some simple food ingredients, I was able to get an antibiotic recipe that worked. Plus it did not not burden my body further while I was in the process of recovering from cancer, and it allowed me to continue to follow the Primal Diet with no deviation. To say that I was happy with the results would be a large understatement. (My story about following the Primal Diet to recover from advanced spinal cancer was posted on this same blog in four parts starting on November 1st 2007, in case you would like to refer to it.)

Barbara Ellingson"

1 comment:

Danny said...

I wish I had that recipe when I had my DOUBLE ear infection.