Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Medical trickery...

I am a survivor from advanced spinal cancer, for which I have had some major help from Aajonus Vonderplanitz and his Primal Diet! When I was first diagnosed, Aajonus sent me to the BioMedical Center in Tijuana to get their herbal formula to help me, in addition to the PD, since spinal cancer is considered generally to be fatal. I am very glad I took his advice.

When I went there a few weeks ago, their medical doctor pointed out something VERY interesting about the blood test readings: the medical community has established lower norms on some key parts of blood tests in order to get more customers for themselves. Case in point: Blood Glucose used to be 70-110 mg/dL as normal. That was a year and a half ago. Now the normal is 65 -100 mg/dL. That means that more people will have a higher than the normal blood glucose. That means more people will purchase diabetes medicines, and doctors will add more patients to their rosters, and the medical community (to say nothing of the pharmaceutical industry) will make lots more money! Medical trickery?

The same medical doctor also said that there was a similar lowering of norms for blood cholesterol readings. That means more patients on cholesterol and heart medication = more money for the medical and pharmaceutical industries! And who wins at that one? Is it the patients???

Barbara Ellingson

No comments: