Saturday, January 26, 2008

Emotional benefits from the raw food diet

I always looked at the psychological benefits people [on the Primal Diet] would report, sound mind and emotions and all of that and didn't really believe it was all that much more than placebo, which is positive enough even so. Well, recently I've had higher charisma like making easier conversation even though I haven't had much life change and actually I've had some bad things happen as far as negative confrontation and still keep a level head more easily than usual. So, thats been pretty amazing that I experience that without believing it. Just noticing those emotional benefits from the raw food diet. I think it's the raw fish on my brain and [raw]beef on the glands and [raw] milk just relaxing and being my favorite comfort food.
Also, I actually started the diet to reverse my ACL*, four months later, I feel great and do climbing in a rock wall on campus but for technicality's sake I haven't gotten an MRI** yet to prove that the impossible (ACL's don't heal [according to doctors]) has yet occurred.

~Michael D
Chapel Hill, NC
*Anterior Cruciate Ligament, one of the four major ligaments of the knee and one of the most reported locations for serious athletic injuries
**Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) a test primarily used in hospitals to visualize the structure and function of the body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear these kinds of results. I think part of the psychology is the fact that you are taking charge of what you are putting into your body, instead mindlessly eating whatever advertisers suggest.