Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Raw Meat Made Me Feel Phenomenal!"

I was half way through the book “We Want to Live” by Aajonus Vonderplanitz and by Christmas day I decided to eat in the raw. I had to try it. All I had was some organic lamb meat from New Zealand. I put raw organic unheated honey on it with some organic dried basil... I had my organic raw milk from Organic Pastures and made raw egg smoothies with it. I was already making the transition to raw foods by the time I got the book; I just had not implemented eating raw meat. I had been consuming raw milk for three years.
The way eating raw meat made me feel was phenomenal! Just after three days my body order went away, my hair was nice and soft, the oil in my hair was not making me feel dirty like I have to shampoo everyday. My skin felt softer, my teeth felt stronger, as my body did and my legs. My toothache went away! I thought I would have to have another root canal. But, wow I can’t believe it, raw meat is a natural painkiller! I was waking up fully in my body and not groggy. However I was a little giddy and I loved myself more. If this is the only side effect than wow, give me raw meat every day! Plus, eating raw meat seems to have helped me to regulate my hormones. I really like not being over emotional and needy. I just feel fantastic! How wonderful is that? Life is so wonderful! I love life even more.
Lili Alice B. of Sonoma, California

4 comments:

Mike W. said...

All I had was some organic lamb meat from New Zealand.

Lili, Was this meat frozen? If I understand what Aajonus has written, freezing meat is not good from a raw nutrition aspect.

Getting fresh raw meat is a huge challenge. I have a lot of good, grass-fed meat in my freezer. Is there still a benefit to eating it raw, even if it has been frozen?

Thanks, Mike

Lili Alice B said...

Hi Mike, thanks for your comment. I love that you are trying to make it work. The lamb meat I got was fresh from Whole Foods Market shipped in by boat from New Zealand. I still buy it. It comes to them fresh in an air sealed plastic package and then they distribute it to their customers. They also said none of their meats are frozen except the turkey they sell or any ground up meats they may freeze. In the summer time I get my lamb local.

Yes you are correct that one doesn’t get as much nutritional value from frozen meats. If you were to eat your frozen meats, you would only be getting about 25% utilizable protein assimilation into your cells, where as fresh meat is 100% utilizable protein. So, you could still consume it, but it's better to eat it fresh. See page 188 of We Want To Live by Aajonus Vonderplanitz for more info on this.

You may want to mail order your products if you can. I’m not sure if you will get them fresh. I guess it would depend on where you live in relation to the company. You can try: http://www.blackwing.com/about_shipping.php but I think they flash freeze their meats in order to deliver. Good luck! Lili

ellingson_jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
raw food diet said...

In today's foods, everything has something in it that needs to be detoxified from the body but by eating raw, you finally give yourself a chance to relax. Indeed raw food is the way to go!