Saturday, November 21, 2009

...a life changing experience...

Aajonus,
I know you've probably received many "thank you's" over the past few decades. You have changed the lives of tens of thousands of people, all by sharing your personal experiences and acquired expertise. I know this is just another "thank you" card of sorts, but I feel compelled to send it anyway.
10 months ago I had a life-changing experience. At 17 years old, a combination of brittle bones (stress fracture w/ shallow bone lesion, extremely delayed healing), advanced gum disease, hyperventilation syndrome (high adrenaline + not allowed to even walk), etc. had left me flopping around like a fish out of water. I acknowledge this is nothing compared to 2/3 of the people out there who have taken on your diet, and especially insignificant compared to your own past health problems which you had overcome. The only sensible thing I could do was delay treatments for the gum disease, hope my fracture would ever heal, and beg for help and understanding as my breathing outpaced my body involuntarily, causing the most wild array of symptoms I've ever experienced. But 10 months ago, I witnessed something special. At first it did not phase me, but 5, 6 months later, it would give me hope that this whole mess could be not only stopped, but reversed, successfully.
Your moment on the "The Doctors" appalled me at first, as it did most people who saw it. Watching you eat raw meat on stage was comparable to watching Bigfoot go for a dip with Nessie. It was almost mythical in the eyes of the unknowing. I couldn't believe what I had seen. And neither could "The Doctors".
As time went on, I manically looked for answers and alternatives. I came across the messy world of the Weston A. Price Foundation. The WAPF began to shape my beliefs and push me in the right direction. Unfortunately, some of their stuff is all over the place! It took a lot of reading, and even more deciphering. As time passed, though, and I continued my Weston Price directed researching, I was constantly under attack by my own mother for having stopped showering (I had stopped because of "anxieties" that had developed regarding strokes/heart attack triggers thanks to the media). When it reached the point where she got anyone and everyone to agree I would die of infectious disease for not showering, I was forced to pull out my Ace of Spades. I had just come across the site selling your book. I sent her to the web site right away, and I had her call the number on www.WeWant2Live.com. After talking to Jim, she finally stopped the attacks and gave up on her pitiful tangent. At this point, she was so convinced that she had failed, that she went ahead and ordered your book, opening up your world to me.
After finally receiving and thoroughly reading your books, I now have hope for the days ahead. I also now live without the fear of suddenly enduring a heart attack or stroke. Although I haven't fully started the [Primal] diet, my hyperventilation is now minimal and no longer intrusive in my life. I can finally live! And look forward to the future. Again, I want to thank you not only for writing your books, but for putting yourself out there in a setting you knew would be hostile. If you had not taken such a leap of faith, putting your own person at risk, I would not have ended up where I currently am, nor a few others who may have also seen that random show. You really are a wonderful person and a genius in your own right. And even under the limelight of those who attempt to silence you, you are changing the lives of those around you by opening their hearts and minds. I wish you more success. Take care.
Ian K.
Hollywood, FL

No comments: